[fosc] Fwd: Support Nassella pulchra . . .

Karen Paulsell kpaulsell@pacbell.net
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:24:23 -0800

Nassella pulchra, purple needlegrass, is one of the native species that
FoSC has propagated and planted. It grows on the serpentine (the state
rock) slope in the nursery, in the Sunset grassland area, and other spots
in the watershed. Lovely in the spring, a shimmery purple-green color.

So, we have the state rock, the state flower (California Popply) the state
bird (Quail) and the state tree, Redwood in the watershed. Can't say that I
long to have the state mammal -- the Grizzly -- around.

(CNGA is the California Native Grass Association.)