[fosc] Dogs, off leash, signs, Dimond Canyon, city policy

Sue Morgan jmpnpnenviroed at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 17:30:02 PST 2006

I am attaching a series of emails on these topics
which Marilyn Miller sent to me.  Pls note the city
seems to be coming on a tad more clearly on this
and will again attempt signage.  I am in complete
agreement with Marilyn that some PR around the
dog leash issue must be done if we are to eliminate
or at least decrease the snarling, off color comments
that eminate from informing some individuals of the
rule in Dimond Canyon re dogs, leashes and that area.

Sue
  Hi Sue,

>   Your e-mail and another from Sergeant Yelder of Parks police
> prompted me to followup on some questions with Richard Cowan.  That
> initiated a string of e-mails for which I won't use up your bytes
> (unless you're dying to read 'em ;--).
>
>   However I would like to share today's thus far, in an effort to
> bridge various interests and gain community energy for getting
> dogparks as well as mulching trails etc.
>
>   I welcome your thots on the subject too.
>   Marilyn Miller (we met around Dan Gallagher and the Champagne
> Oak(!)
>
>           From:  "Cowan, Richard" <RCowan at oaklandnet.com>    To:
> "'Marilyn Miller'" <himomiller at sbcglobal.net>, "Piper, Susan"
> <SPiper at oaklandnet.com>, "Cowan, Richard" <RCowan at oaklandnet.com>
> CC:  "Jimenez, Claudia" <CJimenez at oaklandnet.com>    Subject:  RE:
> this Thursday/Sausal Creek    Date:  Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:12:17 -0800
>           This is a pretty accurate synopsis of what I said.  The
> signs reference is from something Sue told me,
>
>     Richard Cowan
>   Chief of Staff
>   Councilmember Jean Quan
>   (510)238-7041/fax(510)238-6129