[fosc] Dogs, off leash, signs, Dimond Canyon, city policy

Mjrauz at aol.com Mjrauz at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 08:39:58 PST 2006

Obviously this is a super-sensitive issue since I would say most trail users
are dog walkers. I would insist the dog contraint regulations and education be
done outside of FOSC to the extent possible. I hope the Parks Dept and law
enforcement are THE lead and follow through on this. There have been signs
placed in the past only to be destroyed overnight. If there is no consistent
follow-up planned and maintained (and this is likely-if water quality/sewage
complaints and city response are an example) then we risk alienating or worse a large
user-group. My experience of this group is that the majority are not FOSC
financial supporters per-se, but their displeasure at regulation could translate
in destruction of property or bad press about FOSC making a more difficult
climate to operate (& fundraise) in. Without a dog park established before Dimond
park trail closures seems like an invitation to a public outrage to me, and I
don't want FOSC to be the target of, or in any way responsible for that
reaction. My 2cents.
 Mark Rauzon