[fosc] Dogs, off leash, signs, Dimond Canyon, city policy

Laurel Kunit laurelnk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:19:48 PST 2006

It is important to let dog owners know where they CAN have their dogs
run off-leash (most East Bay Regional Parks), besides letting them
know where dogs must be leashed.  (all City of Oakland Parks, assuming
they are allowed at all)  Although EBRP parks are very close to most
of us in Oakland, they are still too far away for people who do not
own cars.  Did you know that well-mannered dogs of any size are
allowed to ride the public transportation systems in many large
cities?  Why not AC Transit?  (see latest issue of Woofer Times).  The
best way to successfully implement leash laws is to offer dog owners
high quality, feasible alternatives.