[fosc] Fwd: Alameda County Watershed Forum Meeting 2/7

Karen Paulsell kpaulsell at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 1 17:21:38 PST 2006

See below for the details on the next meeting of the Alameda County
Watershed Forum, Tuesday, 2/7.

A bit of background: The Contra Costa Watershed forum is a few years old,
and has provided a variety of support, networking, and information-sharing
opportunities for local creek group activists and government agency
employees who work on creek restoration, clean water, and other watershed
restoration efforts. They've had the benefit of paid staff at the county
level -- while attempts at organizing an Alameda watershed forum have not
had such support, and have started and stopped various times. This latest
attempt has persisted, and built on the ideas generated at previous
meetings. I've attended the last few meetings, and found the presentations
interesting, the information about what other creek groups are doing
enlightening, and the schmoozing before and after to be as valuable as the
meetings themselves.

It's a good opportunity to meet leaders from other creek organizations and
people from local agencies who deal with watershed organizations.