[fosc] oak tree cut

Mjrauz at aol.com Mjrauz at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 19:07:30 PST 2006

In case you have not seen it, the City cut down our oak tree at the head of
El Centro trail on Thursday.   Again without red flag permits, they came in
unannouced and removed the tree. The tree appeared morbund. This past summer it
had dropped its leaves and may have been stressed by a leaky water main at its
roots. We were waiting to see if it releafed this spring.   I guess we will
not have that opportunity. Our ham-fisted city arborists are not trying to
coordinate with FOSC at all, evidently, the Dimond oak public outcry at its cutting
had no impact on them. It is really demoralizing to me that we work to
improve city property only to be ignored when trees that impact our work are removed
without even an acknowledgement of our interest.

Mark Rauzon