[fosc] FOSC Monthly Meeting, Feb. 15, 7-9pm, Dimond Library

Sara Marcellino coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Mon Feb 13 09:49:00 PST 2006

Another FOSC Monthly Meeting will be held on Wednesday evening, Feburary
15, from 7-9pm at the Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Ave.

David Ralston, Urban Economic Analyst with the City of Oakland, will
discuss the potentials for including Sausal Creek as a critical asset for
current commercial district and streetscape planning work in the Dimond and
Fruitvale areas. In both areas, there are possibilities for establishing
educational and directional markers for the creek and in the Dimond,
opportunities for providing access to the creek as it curves south from
MacArthur. Ideally, this could be one segment in a larger vision where the
creek(s) define greenways which link the Hills to the Bay and offer
accessible "windows" across the City to appreciate and understand our local
geography.

After David talks, we will discuss any and all FOSC business, so bring your
questions and ideas.

Hope to see you!