[fosc] Restoration this week

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 14:35:18 PST 2006

Howdy,
Well Mike the Hatchet thanks the Skyline High Ecology Club for their
hard word pulling downed acacia saplings off of the area where he's
cutting re-sprouts. The slope below the nursery may one day return to
it's original grassland state. I say - thanks to all who cut, pulled
and re-cut.

The Restoration Program this week

1) Shoreline hike beginning at the fishing pier at the end of Fruitvale
Ave. Thursday 3/9 at 9:30 am.
We'll have a look at the outfall of Sausal creek and then car pool over
to Arrowhead Marsh to look and dream about how urbanization changes the
landscape and the functioning of ecosystems.

2) Visit our Native Plant Demonstration Garden in Dimond Park Saturday
morning. We'll work on weeding and tending plantings from 9 till noon.

3) Help whip the nursery into shape for the up coming plant sale and
garden tour. The work session begins at 1:30 and goes till 4 pm
Saturday afternoon.

Remember those contributing to the cause with 20 volunteers hours in
the next two months gets a sneak preview of the sale on May 6th.