[fosc] FW: [Dimond] Dimond business area volunteer work day Sat 3/25

Sam Cohen Sam at Energy-Solution.com
Fri Mar 24 10:32:29 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: dimond-bounces at mailman.lmi.net
[mailto:dimond-bounces at mailman.lmi.net] On Behalf Of Carolyn Vallerga
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 9:46 AM
To: dimond at mailman.lmi.net
Cc: jann at omlf.org; Carol Lundgaard
Subject: [Dimond] Dimond business area volunteer work day Sat 3/25

The DIA has organized a Sidewalk Cleaning morning Sat 3/25.  This day we
plan to example for the merchants what a clean business district can
look like.  We are about to go to each business to discuss and encourage
joining together for a Business Improvement District assessment.  You
all have invested already in our effort because you live here.  These
developments effect you directly.

We would like the community to come down to help 7am-11am tomorrow
(staging area Giant Burger parking lot) for as short or long a time as
you can.  First Building Maintenance who has the BID contracts for
cleaning Montclair, Laurel. Lakeshore and Temescal districts will be
there steam cleaning as much sidewalk as they can in the 4 hours on a
volunteer basis..  We need voulenteers to bag up the litter...cleanout
tree wells...anything you can do.  Gerry Mendoza from Taqueria Los
Comales will be photographing our efforts ! and developing a brochure to
distribute to the merchants with Ruth Villasenor of Paws and Claws
explaining the growth potential for the Dimond businesses as a BID.
Photographs of community volunteer support is pivotal in our effort.

Please join us tomorrow and show your support for the Dimond.  We are at
the beginning of a transformation with the soon to open Farmer Joe's in
the old Albertson building...old Dimond Theatre building.  This is a
very exciting time for all of us.

Thank you for your support,

Carolyn Vallerga
Co-Chair