[fosc] planting with natives

Kathy Kramer kathy at kathykramerconsulting.net
Fri Mar 24 13:59:38 PST 2006

I was reading the discussion about planting with natives (or not) and
the need for donated plants.

Nurseries will give unsold plants to non-profits; Annie's Annuals, in
Richmond, has been most generous in this way. Last year they donated
about 15 flats of natives to my son's pre-school. This year they have
provided 6 flats of cream cups; three flats went to the Alameda
Butterfly Garden, three flats to the pre-school. Should you wish to
reach Annie's, they are at (510) 215-1326.

Other nurseries will donate their unsold natives also, should you
wish to find a source closer to home.

Kathy

Message: 3