[fosc] how to get free natives

Edward Goehring ebgb at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 26 07:57:13 PST 2006

Kathy,
   All of this is very useful, especially your offer of plants. The one
hitch I see in acquiring natives from various donors and nurseries is that
the idea requires a whole new level of volunteer effort, travel and fiscal
expenditure that no-one has offered to organize.
   The planting project as it stands now consists simply of moving bulbs and
plants from local gardens to containers on local sidewalks. This project
requires only two people, a shovel and a wheelbarrow. We already have some
donated plants and the necessary tools to start.
   If someone wants to organize a project to locate and acquire more native
plants (and get them to the Dimond area), we'll be happy to plant whatever
that person delivers to us.

Edward G