[fosc] Sausal Creek this week

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 30 11:37:56 PST 2006

Howdy,

Well this unusually WET March has made for a bit of a slow down on
the spring weed removal.
But, It's still fun to be out at the creek during our work sessions.
Last Saturday we had the die hards out braving the (luckily
unfulfilled) threat of a good soaking. The gods were smiling on us -
and we managed to get some social trails blocked, a bit of follow up
weeding done on the west side of the creek and a few intrepid souls
braved deep wet vegetation to pull ivy out of trees behind the Turn
Around. Later in the morning, instead of putting in a full 3 hours -
we went for a lovely hike along the Old Canyon Road. We had a few
birders along with us and were treated to learning some of our local
song birds.

This Saturday morning from 9 till noon I'm planning more of the same.
NOAA weather predicts that Saturday will be the best day of the
weekend. So - let's chop out more Himalayaberry root crowns on the
west side for a while and then head up stream to pull broom along Old
Canyon Trail.
Meet at the El Centro trailhead. Dress for the weather and to get
dirty. Bring water.

On Saturday afternoon from 1:30 till 4:30 we will be tending our
plant stock and doing propagation in the Joaquin Miller Native Plant
Nursery. Meet at the Joaquin MIller Native Plant Nursery. Dress for
the weather and to get dirty.

If you are planning to bring a group of more than five let me know so
that I can be prepared.
Hope to see you out there,
Kristen Hopper
FoSC