[fosc] Volunteers sought for Bay-Friendly Garden Tour

Lawrence Grodeska lgrodeska at stopwaste.org
Wed Mar 29 12:16:55 PST 2006

Volunteers sought for Bay-Friendly Garden Tour
Sunday, April 30, 2006
10 am - 4 pm

Thirty-four brand new gardens throughout Alameda County make up the 3rd
annual Bay-Friendly Garden Tour. This year's free, self-guided tour
celebrates the diverse styles of Bay-Friendly gardens - Mediterranean
retreats, native plants, edible gardens and garden designed for
children. There are six different geographic clusters of garden sites,
many of which are entirely walkable and/or bikeable. To help staff these
gardens, we need a diverse group of volunteers.

We are looking for volunteers that have an interest in and general
knowledge of natural gardening. Volunteers will be asked to spend a half
day helping the host gardeners by greeting guests, distributing
information and answering questions. We will do our best to match
volunteers to the gardens and/or location of their choice.

Volunteers will meet other gardeners and receive Bay-Friendly Gardening
cotton t-shirt, an advanced copy of the tour book, and garden gifts
while furthering the goals of Bay-Friendly Gardening-encouraging the use
of ecological gardening practices in order to conserve local resources
and protect the Bay.

For more information or to register for a volunteer slot, please visit
our website: http://recycle.stopwaste.org/gardentour/gtvolunteer.asp.

You can also contact Lawrence Grodeska: lgrodeska at stopwaste.org or (510)
614-1699.

The Bay-Friendly Garden Tour is sponsored by StopWaste.Org., EBMUD and
the Alameda Countywide Clean Water Program. All gardens are located in
Alameda County.