[fosc] First ever plant sale

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 29 09:35:48 PDT 2006

Hello Sausal Creek list subscribers,

Well the date of our first ever native plant sale is rapidly
approaching. The sale is a benefit for FoSC and will be part of the
Bringing Back the Natives Garden Tour put on by Kathy Kramer
Consulting. We are expecting loads of visitors to come and admire the
Restoration Program's Grassland Site (on slope above the nursery) and
the nursery itself. The Friends have been working on the Joaquin
Miller Native Plant Nursery since 2001 and it has come a long way
from enclosed plant debris dump to it's present lovely state. We have
growing space for 20,000 plants, a green house, shade house and
potting area shaded by a parachute and loads of other points of
interest. Recently a great group of scouts built us a soil bin and a
lumber rack. We also have had a couple of intrepid students in
conjunction with others, build us twelve tables to make tending our
smaller plant stock less of a strain on the back. So things are
really shakin up in the headwaters of Sausal Creek.

On Sunday May 7th from 10 till 5 we will be selling approximately
3000 of our favorite local native plants. I've attached the list for
the interested.

For those who would like to and have time to get involved and help,
there are lots of finishing touches to be seen to. Please join me
this afternoon from 1:30 till 4:30. Or next Thursday anytime between
10 and 5. Or the following Saturday 5/6 from 9 on.

Kristen Hopper
FoSC
387-9744