[fosc] FW: Sausal Creek Fishing

Edward Goehring ebgb at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 3 17:12:42 PDT 2006

Re: Sausal Creek Fishing
-----Original Message-----
From: Schwarz, Alison [mailto:aschwarz at oaklandnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:29 PM
To: 'ebgb at sbcglobal.net'
Subject: Re: Sausal Creek Fishing

Edward,
I just got off the phone with the Fish and Game warden for the Oakland area.
She explained that all Alameda County creeks are open for fishing from the
end of April through October unless otherwise listed.  It looks like Sausal
is listed for fishing with "Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be
used," and the bag limit is 0, which means catch and release.

The warden said that she would keep an eye out for people fishing in Sausal
to be sure that they at least actually do have a fishing license, which they
are required to have, and are aware of the requirements.

We are looking into getting Sausal Creek listed for no fishing.

Ali Schwarz
Watershed Improvement Program
Environmental Services Division
Public Works Agency