[fosc] Plant Sale Success

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Wed May 10 15:02:16 PDT 2006

Greetings Friends and supporters,

Thanks to the hard work of all of the wonderful volunteers who helped
prepare and run the FoSC first ever native plant sale - it was a
whopping success.

The nursery looked fabulous with it's new soil bin, lumber rack,
plant storage tables, Grassland Site trail and parachute. The
demonstration garden showed off brilliant color in spite of being
recently browsed by our resident deer. Adding to the pleasure of
seeing the site, there were informative interpretive signs and
wonderful plant descriptions for most of the sale plants as well as a
startling photo of the hill behind the shade house when it was still
covered with a dense acacia thicket. Also popular with the garden
tour folk was the fun and friendly lunch kiosk. And for those
auditory learners in the crew there were two very informative talks
about propagating native plants for the garden.

We were visited by over 500 people many of whom were on the Bringing
Back The Natives Garden Tour and many others who heard about us
through the outreach efforts put in by FoSC volunteers. The result of
all of this is that our work is now known by more people and we
raised $6,800 to put towards our efforts in restoring the ecological
health of the Sausal Creek Watershed.

Cheers and special thanks to all who lent a helping hand,
Kristen Hopper
Friends of Sausal Creek
387-9744