[fosc] Volunteer work and tour

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Thu May 18 10:09:41 PDT 2006

Come on out and lend a hand.
This Saturday morning (5/20) we'll be meeting at the Dimond Park
Demonstration Garden. I'll stage the tools in the stone circle
between the playground and the Rec. Center parking lot. We'll do a
bit of weeding and then tour our restoration sites along the creek. A
large group of high school students from Head Royce may be coming out
to help so - if there are any adults out there who are available to
lend a hand please step forward.

Meet at 9 am at the Dimond Park Native Plant Demonstration Garden.
We'll work for a couple of hours and then go for a hike to check out
all of the cool projects that have been done this winter along the
creek. The program ends at noon.

In the afternoon we will begin the process of regenerating our native
plant stock. After our successful first ever native plant sale and
fund raiser we need to get in there and propagate like mad so that we
have stock for next winter's projects.

Meet at the Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery at 1:30 we'll work
till 4pm.

Bring water and sunscreen. Please wear sturdy shoes, long pants and
light weight long sleeved shirts.

Looking forward to seeing you out there,
Kristen Hopper
Field Coordinator
FoSC
387-9744