[fosc] cool spot

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 11:10:40 PDT 2006

Howdy ya'll,

Well this Saturday at the Redwood Site we're going to be working in
one of the coolest (both literally and figuratively) spots in the
watershed.
Come on out and check out our very own mystery spot. There is a patch
of redwood sorrel (a native redwood understory plant) that could be a
remnant of the days prior to logging and subsequent grazing - or it
could have been planted years ago by some well meaning botanist. Come
have a look - and put in your two cents worth. We'll be tending last
winter's plantings and pulling the ubiquitous ivy back from the edges
of our demonstration patch. At the end of the work session I'll lead
a mini tour of the site and talk about what's been done and the
exciting things we hope to do with some newly awarded grant money.

Meet at the
Monterey Blvd. trailhead* at 9 a.m.
We'll work from 9:30 till 11:30 and then do a short tour from 11:30
till noon.
Wear strudy shoes as we'll be working on a slope. Dress in layers -
long pants and long sleeves are recommended.
Bring water. I'll bring tools, gloves and snacks.......

If you can't do Saturday morning but would like to get involved pleas
join us for a propagation session at the Friends of Sausal Creek's
Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery** from 1:30 till 4.

*The Montery Blvd trailhead is half way between Park Blvd and Lincoln
Ave on the frontage road along the west side of highway 13.

**The JMP Nursery is on Sanborn Road in JM Park off of JM Road. Go up
hill from Hwy 13 about 3/4 mile. get in the left hand turn lane and
turn left onto Sanborn. Park at the yellow fire gate blocking the
road and follow the signs down to the nursery on foot.

For more info or if you are planning on bringing out more than 5
people drop me an email or phone call.
Kristen Hopper
FoSC
387-9733