[fosc] Work party in Dimond Canyon

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 7 18:07:08 PDT 2006

Howdy ya'll,
Last Saturday's work party at the Redwood Site was a lot of fun.
We did some serious ivy bashing.

This Saturday the fun only increases. We're scheduled to continue the
work of our late great foe of ivy, Elliott Smith. On his last Earth
Day Elliott raved about what a fantastic crew he had. They worked
along the Park Blvd. side of Dimond Canyon removing an amazing amount
of broom and acacia saplings. Well now that that's all done all's we
have to do is go back there and cut ivy away from the base of the
coast live oaks.

So - come on out and help save the oaks of Oakland!

Meet at the El Centro trail head at 9 a.m. and we'll work till noon.
I'll bring the tools, gloves and snacks. You dress in long pants,
long sleeved shirts and sturdy close toed shoes. Bring water.

If the morning work session doesn't appeal to you. Join us in the
afternoon from 1:30 till 4 doing native plant propagation in the
Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery.

Contact me if your planning on bringing out more than 5 friends or if
you need directions or more info.

See you out there,
Kristen Hopper
Field Coordinator