[fosc] Help the weeds are swallowing our work!!

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 14 14:20:56 PDT 2006

Troops and groups,
I know it's late notice but we need your people power. So If there is
anyway that you can muster a gang - now would be a great time.

Neighbors and friends - please jump in.

We need weeders to beat back the competition in our new plantings!!

We need trail workers to beat back the blackberry and such,
encroaching and threatening to swallow the Old Canyon Trail and the
switch-backs!!!!

Come one come all. The more people we get the more trail we can keep
open and the more native plants we can save from being swallowed alive.

Meet at the El Centro Trailhead at 9am this Saturday morning (6/17)
and we'll work till noon. I've got tools, gloves and water. You wear
sturdy shoes, long pants and a long sleeved shirt.

Let me know if you're planning bringing more than five people.
For more information call,
Kristen Hopper
387-9744

Directions to the El Centro trailhead
 From Hwy 580 and Park Blvd.

1.            Exit Park Blvd. and head east away from the bay and
downtown.
2.            Follow Park as it curves up hill. Stay on Park through
Glenview  District.
3.            Turn right on El Centro (just past the Chevron Station).
4.            Follow El Centro as it curves around. The trail head is
at the base of the hill.
5.            Continue to the Dimond Recreation  center parking lot
entrance on right. Park in the lot and walk back to the trail head.