[fosc] Please Come to Our Next Arroyo Viejo Community Meeting: August 17th at the Oakland Zoo!

Doria Robinson Doria at thewatershedproject.org
Thu Jul 27 10:49:38 PDT 2006

Hello (potential) Arroyo Viejo Creek Keepers!

If you live in the Arroyo Viejo Watershed or are interested in helping
to guide the future of Arroyo Viejo Creek, please come to our next
Arroyo Viejo Community Meeting!

Arroyo Viejo Watershed Community Meeting

Thursday, August 17th ~ 6:30 - 8:30 pm

The Oakland Zoo ~ Education Building

Meeting Discussion Topics:

Updates on Group Projects

*        SUCCESS: 1st Seed Collection Day! (Thank you Karen Paulsell!)

*        Oak Knoll Coalition Update

*        New Yahoo! Groups website - Arroyo Viejo Creek Keepers
(http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/arroyoviejocreekkeepers) please join!

*        Education Opportunities for local schools, community centers
and youth organizations

*        Updating the Arroyo Viejo Newsletter: Call for submissions!

Upcoming Events

*        Arroyo Viejo Creek Clean-up ~ August 19th (Arroyo Viejo
Recreation Center)

*        Creek-to-Bay Day Clean-up and Arroyo Viejo Watershed Festival ~
September 16th (Arroyo Viejo Recreation Center ~ 9am - 3pm)

*        Fall Workshop: Native Plants of Arroyo Viejo and Headwaters to
Mouth Watershed Tour ~  September 30th

*        Next Community Meeting: September 2006

Featured Speaker: Markley Bavinger ~ City of Oakland, Environmental
Services Division

*        In an effort to continue to increase the knowledge and contacts
of the group, I would like to have at least one featured speaker for
each of our upcoming community meetings. A speaker will be invited to
speak for 15 - 30min., leaving at least 15 minutes for questions.

Please come out and help plan the future of Arroyo Viejo Creek!

If you plan to attend, please reply to this email with your RSVP.

Hope to see everyone there!

Doria

Doria Robinson

Community Programs Coordinator