[fosc] FOSC Executive Director

Mjrauz at aol.com Mjrauz at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 09:30:54 PDT 2006

 FOSC is pleased to announce it has a new Executive Director in Sara
Marcellino. The board voted on Aug 9 to approved her elevation into this new position.
We also created a Nursery Manager position for Kristin Hopper and will be
hiring a new restoration coordinator position. In addition, we have created an
Advisory Board that will retain the advice of outgoing Board member Michael
Thilgen and include others as they are identified.

There's a member's meeting this Wed. at 7 Pm where we'll discuss this
restructuring.

On a local note, the El Centro trail awaits our Creek to Bay Day clean up
efforts, after a long summer of use. Please note on your calenders Sept 16. and
turn out to help.

Finally there's an odd structure built in the creek near the Leimert Bridge.
A rock island in the middle of the stream with a pipe sticking straight up.
The island is 4 foot tall, made of rock and dirt, that will be surely swept away
with the first rains.

Mark J. Rauzon
Friends of Sausal Creek- Board
4701 Edgewood Ave.