[fosc] SB 1056 defeated

Mary Cranley shreemary at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 13:20:02 PDT 2006

Hello Watershed neighbors,
Today we learned that SB 1056 was defeated last night
by never being voted on.  This was the bill banning
local municipalities to create any sort of laws
regarding the selling, propagating, planting and
labelling of genetically engineered seeds and plants.

To all who wrote their legislatures, thank you.  Many
of us have been working on this issue for over 2 years
and are elated at the outcome.  Now we can move
forward to develop a sound policy at the state level.

Regards,
Mary