[fosc] Creek To Bay Day

kristen krhop at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 6 22:34:22 PDT 2006

Creek To Bay Day and other stuff

Greetings FoSC list recipients,
Hope you had a wonderful summer.
Here's what we are up to for the month of September. Hope one or more
of these activities tickles your fancy.

The Restoration Program runs Saturday mornings
 From 9 a.m. – 12 noon except the 9/9 program which will run from 11
am–1pm.
The Nursery Program runs Saturday afternoons
 From 1:30 till 4:30.

September 9 ***NOTE THE TIME ON THIS PROGRAM IS UNUSUAL 11-1***
Redwood Site with Earth Team and the Lawrence Hall of Science
Ivy removal in preparation for winter planting and ethno-botany hike.
Meet at Monterey Blvd trailhead

September 9 - 1:30 till 4:30
Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery
Help transplant seedlings and tend our native plant stock
Meet at the JMPN in Joaquin MIller Park

September 16 - 9 a.m. till noon
Creek To Bay Day – International Coastal Cleanup Day “The Oakland Way”
Two locations
Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery – meet at the nursery on Sanborn
Rd. Joaquin Miller Park
Dimond Park – meet at the Scout Hut near the basketball court
Join us for a big push to save the Dimond Park and Canyon oaks from
being suffocated by ivy. Also staging at Dimond Park will be a crew
to clean up Barry Place and a crew to remove invasive pine saplings
from the pallid manzanita site on Skyline Dr.

September 23
Riparian Site
Creek and Canyon ivy removal.
Follow up on the progress made on Creek To Bay Day
Meet at the El Centro trailhead.

September 23 - 1:30 till 4:30
Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery
Help transplant seedlings and tend our native plant stock
Meet at the JMPN in Joaquin MIller Park

As you can see we there will be lots of potential for getting out and
lending a hand. If you've got questions please feel free to contact me.
Kristen Hopper
FoSC
field at sausalcreek.org
387-9744