[fosc] dodder on Woodbine gone, sewage in Sausal?

Karen Paulsell kpaulsell at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 2 17:22:52 PDT 2006

I drove by Woodbine Ave, at the Fruitvale 580 offramp -- the dodder
is gone, and so is a lot of the vegetation it was draped over.

I was GPS'ing later in Sausal Creek, in Dimond Park. There's scummy
foam and a certain sheen to the water in 2 small puddles just below
the sewer pipe that crosses the creek right at creek level -- the
first exposed pipe below El Centro, very near the broken bit of
trail. Nothing like it upstream in Dimond Park or across El Centro.

  I hiked upstream from there, and was pulling the piece of white
plastic pipe out of the trout pool, when I spotted someone watching
me. Turned out to be a very nice guy from Oakland Public Works, Craig
Pon, who came and looked at the suspect sewer pipe too, he said he'd
report it. And he took away the pipe white plastic pipe, too.

I left a message on the Public Work line.