[fosc] New Restoration Committee forming

Kathren Murrell Stevenson kathren at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:23:05 PST 2006

*NEW RESTORATION COMMITTEE FORMING*

* *

Are you interested in taking a more active role in the conservation and
restoration of the Sausal Creek watershed? Join FOSC's Restoration
Committee. This committee will meet monthly (or bimonthly) to plan for the
maintenance of existing projects and to prioritize fundraising efforts for
new projects. Members of this committee should be prepared to regularly
attend meetings and to lead crews of volunteers on important restoration
work days, which occur a few Saturdays each year, from 9am-noon.

Our priorities will be to 1) establish big picture goals and a restoration
calendar for Spring 2007, and 2) make sure that our calendar is compatible
with deliverable deadlines for pre-existing projects. As we identify
important conservation and restoration goals, our restoration coordinator
will work with a go-to team of technical experts in various aspects of
restoration to create a set of viable restoration alternatives, which we
will then evaluate. Email our restoration coordinator at
field at sausalcreek.org to join or for more information.