[fosc] Wed. monthly meeting Nov. 15 & Oak Walk Dec. 9

Sara Marcellino coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Sun Nov 12 14:45:07 PST 2006

This Wednesday evening, November 15, the Friends of Sausal Creek
Environmental Speaker Series is pleased to host Marc Hochman of the Media
Committee for the McKillop Slide Task Force. Marc will discuss the current
status of the McKillop slide and its impact on the surrounding
neighborhood. He will also discuss progress being made with local and state
agencies on finding long-term solutions to issues at McKillop Road and the
toe of the slide. After Marc's talk, we will discuss FOSC business. Please
join us from 7pm-9pm at the Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Avenue.

Also, save the date and join the Friends of Sausal Creek and Councilperson
Jean Quan for an oak walk in Dimond Canyon on December 9. at 1:00 p.m., a
walk to learn more about and appreciate our oak woodlands. Board member
Mark Rauzon will lead the walk, starting at the Scout Hut where the Dimond
Oak stood for some 200 years, share stories about this tree, and discuss
how Oakland got its name. We'll then head upstream and talk about sudden
oak death, and the threat it poses to the future. We'll turn around at the
site where the Council Oak once stood and head back, seeing how neighbors
can help oaks in their yards. Meet at 1pm at the Scout Hut in Dimond Park,
3860 Hanly Road.

For more information about either event, contact me at 510-501-3672 or
<mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>coordinator at sausalcreek.org.

Thanks,

Sara