[fosc] FoSC Week at a Glance

Kathren Murrell Stevenson kathren at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 13:16:58 PST 2006

*FoSC WEEK AT A GLANCE*

*THE UPDATE...*

A huge thank you to Earthteam and Lawrence Hall of Science for making our
Redwood planting a huge success! This Saturday we'll be planting natives
at our Grassland Site. The following Saturday, 12/16,  we will be
planting multiple sites and celebrating the Winter Solstice with a lunch
afterwards. We hope you will be able to join us for one or both of these
events. RSVP to field at sausalcreek.org.

*Grassland Planting* *Day, Saturday 12/9, 9 am-12 pm. *

 We are looking for volunteers to help plant native species at our grassland
restoration site this Saturday December 9th. We'll meet at the Joaquin
Miller nursery and work from 9am-noon. Let us know if you can help! RSVP to
field at sausalcreek.org.

*Directions to the Grassland Site (Joaquin Miller Nursery):*

1) To get to the Nursery from Hwy. 13 take the Joaquin Miller exit and turn
east up the hill.

2) 3/4 miles after passing Hwy13, turn left onto Sanborn This turn is
easiest to find turn by looking for the sign in the median of the road that
says "Native Plant Nursery". 3) The road is labeled Sanborn to the left and
Robinson to the right. Note that Sanborn Rd. loops and connects to
Lincolnfurther below but it's not a real road entrance.

4) Drive through the park until you come to a fork in the road. The road to
the right will be blocked with a yellow gate. Park here just off the right
side of the road. You can also park at the large parking lot to your left.

5) Walk past the gate, following Sanborn Rd. down to the nursery. At the
fork past the gate, go left. Shortly after you will see the nursery on your
left. The walk is about 1/4 mile.
**
*Nursery Program, Saturday 12/9, ** 1:30 to 4:30 pm**.*

There are two types of jobs at the nursery. The first is of course plant
propagation. Right now our green house is bursting with seedlings that are
just calling out to be transplanted. The second job is the general back work
that keeps the nursery functioning such as moving plants and caring for the
growing areas. Nursery work is also is a great way to get up close and
familiar with the local native flora.

*Directions to the Nursery:*

--
Kathren M. Stevenson