[Fosc] Fwd: Beaconsfield Planting Day rescheduled for February 2nd

Kathren Murrell Stevenson kathren at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:55:02 PST 2008

 Hi all,
Thanks for your concern about the weather tomorrow! It is loooking worse
than I thought, with possibilities of flooding in urban areas, creeks, and
streams. So we have decided to postpone planting until the following
weekend: February 2nd. It will be at the same location, from 9-12. If you
need further information, please let me know. Also let us know if you can
make it. Sorry to have to cancel, but the safety of our volunteers is
important to us! The official weather report from NOAA is below:

722 AM PST FRI JAN 25 2008
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR THE ENTIRE SAN FRANCISCO AND
MONTEREY BAY AREAS.
.DAY ONE...FRIDAY
A STRONG STORM SYSTEM WILL IMPACT THE DISTRICT FRIDAY AND INTO THE
WEEKEND BRINGING VERY HEAVY AND POSSIBLY FLOODING RAINS...ALONG
WITH PERIODIC STRONG SOUTH WINDS.
LATER TODAY THE MAIN CONCERNS WILL BECOME URBAN AND SMALL STREAM
FLOODING AS WELL AS FLOODING OF SMALL STREAMS AND CREEKS. POWER
OUTAGES ARE POSSIBLE DUE TO WET SOILS AND STRONG WINDS.
*  WIND ADVISORY......SEE SFONPWMTR - WWUS76 KMTR FOR DETAILS *
*  FLOOD WATCH........SEE SFOFFAMTR - WGUS66 KMTR FOR DETAILS *
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES THROUGH SATURDAY...WITH THE AXIS OF
HEAVY RAIN WAFFLING BACK AND FORTH AROUND THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY
AREA. WATCH FOR CONTINUED AREAS OF VERY HEAVY RAIN...PERHAPS
CAUSING URBAN FLOODING AS WELL AS FLOODING OF SMALL STREAMS AND
CREEKS.

--
Kathren M. Stevenson
Restoration Program Director