[Fosc] Need Volunteers for Planting Day this Saturday

Kathren Murrell Stevenson kathren at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:29:38 PST 2008

*Restoration Planting Day: Cape Ivy Site*
*Saturday, February 9**th**, 9am-noon*

Please join us in finishing up this wonderful restoration project in Joaquin
Miller Park. We will be planting Oak understory natives in places where
FOSC, together with the California Native Plant Council (CNPS) have
patiently removed Cape Ivy over the course of several years. Together we
will plant some beautiful plants from our nursery and celebrate the
completion of this project. RSVP to field at sausalcreek.org.

*Directions:*
This worksite is in Joaquin Miller Park near our Native Plant Nursery.
 Meet at the corner of Joaquin Miller Rd. and the upper loop of Sanborn Rd.

>From Hwy. 13 take the Joaquin Miller exit and turn east up the hill.

3/4 miles after passing Hwy13, turn left onto Sanborn Rd.

This turn is easiest to find by looking for the sign in the median of the
road that says "Native Plant Nursery". The road is labeled Sanborn to the
left and Robinson to the right.

Note that Sanborn Rd. loops and connects to Lincoln further below but it's
not a real road entrance.

Drive through the park until you come to a fork in the road. The road to the
right will be blocked with a yellow gate. Park here just off the right side
of the road. You can also park at the large parking lot to your left.

The Cape Ivy Site is actually back at the intersection of Sanborn and
Joaquin Miller Road. Walk back towards Joaquin Miller Road, just before you
get to JM Road you will see a yellow gate blocking the fire road to your
left. Turn and walk down the fire road past the playing field/meadow. The
project site is where the trail splits at the end of the playing field.

--

Kathren M. Stevenson

Restoration Program Director