[Fosc] Feb23 - Community Input Meeting to Oakland Parks, Accountability, Maintenance

Quan, Jean JQuan at oaklandnet.com
Fri Feb 8 10:26:03 PST 2008

Community Input on City's Proposed Online Park Maintenance Reporting &
Tracking System- Saturday, February 23, 9-11 am.

The Oakland Parks Coalition, Friends of Oakland Parks and Recreation and the
San Francisco Neighborhood Parks Council will be hosting a workshop titled:
Working Together to Improve Communication and Accountability in Park
Maintenance on Saturday, February 23, from 9-11 am at the Sailboat House in
Lakeside Park at 568 Bellevue Ave.  They are working with the City to
collect information from park users about how they would like to be able to
report and track park maintenance issues.  The City is currently
implementing a new Agency wide works-management system and now is the time
to provide input as they work to design the user interface for the parks
component.

This workshop will be used to solicit ideas and brainstorm with people like
you who know our parks. Information from this workshop will be used and
incorporated into the design of the system. Danish and bagels and beverages
will fortify you for the hard work we will ask of you. We think your input
is key to the successful design of the parks component of this system so
come on down and give us your best advice!

Please RSVP to Kathy Raymond, Friends of Oakland Parks & Recreation, at
(510) 465-1850 (so they have a head count for the refreshments!).

Parking: Let the parking attendant at the entrance kiosk know that you will
be attending the Working Together for Oakland Parks workshop at the Sailboat
House and the parking fee will be waived.

Sue Piper
Policy Analyst
Councilmember Jean Quan, District 4
1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza