[Fosc] EARTH WEEK

Mjrauz at aol.com Mjrauz at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 21:43:17 PDT 2008

Howdy Folks,
Earth Day, April 19 was a huge success in Sausal Creek watershed. It seems we
have come full circle. I realized this while working over a patch of land
with my Laney College students. I had restored this spot 10 years ago!! Now it
had been overgrwon wih acacia respouts, ivy and blackberry, but a 10 year old
oak was 20 feet tall and a willow was covered with ivy.

We've come nut only full circle, but many revolutions into the future as
Kathren Stevenson reports on our volunteer tally:

 Dimond Park: 118
 Nursery: 10
 Beaconsfield: 8
 Barry Place: 9 (plus a few who signed in at Dimond Park)
 Shephard Canyon: 41 (This group benefitted from newpaper & online
advertising of their event )
= 186
And an outreach table at the new Whole Foods advertising FOSC!!!!

 Plus (non-FOSC-related projects in the watershed)- I would love to find out
more about the projects below and who is organizing them:
 Painted Rock (Ascot and Chelton) had 25
 Castle Canyon had a big project= ###?????
 for a Grand total of volunteers   (drum roll please)..... 211 ...that we
know about.

That was only the beginning. I led a bird monitoring walk on Sunday and
although chilly, it was fun to see our migrant birds arriving.   This Sat/ I lead
another family bird walk in Dimond park at 830 AM Met at the Scout Hut...

AND THEN Ta da- - --

SUINDAY IS OUR PLANT SALE. 10AM-4PM At the nursery.
 LOTS OF GREAT LOCAL TO THE WATERSHED PLANTS FOR SALE> COME AND STOP ON
BUY!!!!

FOSC RULES, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

-----

Mark J. Rauzon
Friends of Sausal Creek-Board President
4701 Edgewood Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
mjrauz at aol.com
510-531-3887

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.