[Fosc] Volunteer Safety and Emergency Contacts

Molly Bolt nursery at sausalcreek.org
Thu May 22 11:21:04 PDT 2008

Hi all,

As we continue our work into the summer, I thought it may be good to pass on
a tip from a recent CPR training.  The safety of our volunteers is the
primary concern in the field, but accidents are always possible.  If you
carry a cell phone while doing field work, please consider programming the
Oakland PD Emergency Dispatch number into your phone.  Because 911 goes to
CHP, it could shave some time off the response to a call.  The number is 510
777 3211.  Hopefully we won't ever need it!  Also, consider telling your
crew leader or staff person if you have serious allergies or carry
medication with you.

Thanks,
Molly