[Fosc] Basketry class using invasive ivy Monday June 9th

Marie Wadman marie at divingswallow.com
Tue May 27 15:06:17 PDT 2008

My partner and I are hosting a one day class on using invasive ivy for
wicker style basketry on Monday June 9th from 9:00am to 4:00pm.  The class
will be taught by Carol Hart, author of Natural Basketry.  We will be
meeting in the morning at the El Centro trailhead for a short walk and
discussion with Carol on the best methods for gathering (removing!) ivy from
the creek then drying and storing it for basket-making.  The remainder of
the class will be at our house in the Bella Vista neighborhood (a five
minute drive from El Centro) and will be dedicated to using purchased
materials to complete a small wickerwork basket of a design appropriate for
working with ivy.  In addition we will have samples of prepared ivy on hand
for Carol to demonstrate possible future techniques with.  This is a small
homey class (us and one friend right now!) so it's a real opportunity to
work one-on-one with a true expert and delightful teacher on the reuse of
this very pervasive plant.  The cost will be from $100 to $125 based on the
number of attendees with no extra materials fee.  Please contact Marie
Wadman at marie at divingswallow.com if you're interested in attending.