[Fosc] dog fight

Vaughan baysidebob at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 20:00:24 PDT 2008

We frequently walk our dogs in joaquin  Miller park on leash.  We often encounter off-leash dogs with their owners and I've taken to carrying pepper spray.  The "rangers" won't do anything about it because it would require walking more than fifty feet from their car.  There are signs all over requiring dogs to be on leash but if it isn't inforced it isn't a law.  The trails are totally unprotected and there is a police responce only AFTER a victim is created.  The rangers DO write "off-leash" tickets at the dog park where owners are bringing their dogs from the car to the dog park.  They can sit in their cars and keep their ticket statistics up that way.