[Fosc] dog fight

Laurel Kunit laurelnk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:07:28 PDT 2008

I too think that clear, official signage at the trailheads (in both Dimond
Canyon Park and Joaquin Miller Park) would go a long way toward reducing
this problem.  Many people do not understand that these "natural" parks are
indeed part of the City of Oakland park system, and that city leash laws
apply.  People often think that these parks are part of the East Bay
Regional Park system, which allows dogs off-leash on the trails.  Signs
could possibly even direct dog owners to the nearest legal off-leash area.
-Laurie Kunit