[Fosc] OFF LEASH DOGS ON BRIDGEVIEW

Susan Piper sgpiper at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 9 19:47:25 PDT 2008

Our office is running an item in this week's
newsletter about the issue.

We have talked with Oakland Parks & Recreation about
signage and also about leafletting users to remind
them of the City's laws about dogs on leash and dogs
in parks.

We are also looking at ways to periodically enforce
this, although it is not easy since our pool of
rangers is small.

It is important, however, that anyone involved in
these incidents-- or anyone observing them-- should
report them to the police. OPD functions on
statistics-- the more data, the higher the priority.

Sue Piper
Policy Analyst
Council Member Jean Quan, District 4