[Fosc] FOSC member meeting next Wed. July 16

Sara Marcellino coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Thu Jul 10 10:13:51 PDT 2008

Hi FOSCers,

Our member meeting is next Wednesday, July 16, 7-9pm, Dimond Library
(3565 Fruitvale Ave). Come hear from Capt. Dennis LeGear and Capt.
Geoff Hunter of the Oakland Fire Department about the history of
wildland/urban interface fires in Oakland, and approaches to
defensible space for homeowners. A timely and important talk, indeed.

Also, come learn more about our different thoughts and ideas for a
redesign of the Demonstration Garden in Dimond Park, and tell us what
you think about the options.

We'll also tell you about our native plant sale and nursery open
house scheduled for Sunday October 26, 2008. Save the date and spread the word!

See you next week. For more information, contact me at 510-501-3672
or coordinator at sausalcreek.org. Thanks,

Sara

Sara Marcellino, Executive Director
Oakland, CA  94602