[Fosc] FOSC Week at a Glance

Kathren Murrell Stevenson kathren at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:42:30 PDT 2008

FOSC WEEK AT A GLANCE
And….. We're Back! Welcome back everyone.  That back-to-school fall vibe is
everywhere- Dimond Park seemed quiet in comparison to the boisterous summer
bustle!
*This week we are especially looking for someone to person the grill (a
grill master, if you will) tomorrow night at our potluck in Dimond Park,
and  a few crew leaders for Saturday' s restoration workday at the Monterrey
Redwoods restoration site. Send me a line if you are available to help out
with either of these: **field at sausalcreek.org* <field at sausalcreek.org>*.*
**
FALL CREW LEADER TRAINING AND POTLUCK, September 4, 2008

Crew leader training and potluck: Dimond Park. This event is for both new
and seasoned crew leaders. Anyone who led crews in 2007-2008 or who is
interested in leading crews in 2008-2009 is invited to attend. We will have
a training for new crew leaders from 5:00-6:00 pm. Topics included will be
Plant Id, Methods of Plant Removal, Safety, and Volunteer Conduct. Then we
will light up the bbq and have a fantastic celebration from 6-7:30 pm. Bring
your favorite grillable and a side dish to share. RSVP to
field at sausalcreek.org.

SEED HIKE: Friday, September 5, 9:30am-12:30pm

Location TBD. Join us for a trail walk in the watershed to collect seeds.
Snacks provided; please bring a water bottle. Locations selected week of the
hike. Email nursery at sausalcreek.org to be added to the email list.

* *
REDWOODS WORKDAY: Saturday, September 6, 11:00am-1:00pm

We will be working with Earth Team and the Lawrence Hall of Science to help
finish restoring a native redwood understory, in protection of uncommon
native plants and biodiversity. *We need a few people to lead groups of high
school students in invasive plant removal. *Please contact Kathren at
field at sausalcreek.org if you are interested in this wonderful leadership
opportunity. Advance training is available to crew leaders.

* *
PROPAGATION WORKDAY: Saturday, September 6, 1:30pm-4:30pm

Help grow plants for our restoration work. We'll teach you everything you
need to know about sowing, transplanting and divisions. Please bring a water
bottle; we'll provide snacks. This is a drop-in event, but email
nursery at sausalcreek.org for more info or for groups

larger than 6.

--
Kathren M. Stevenson