[Fosc] concrete spill

Chris Burmester christopher at formulate.com
Sat Sep 6 10:49:47 PDT 2008

 From what I can find on the City of Oakland web site, illegal dumping
in Oakland should be reported with a call to the Oakland Public Works
Agency call center at 510-615-5566. Note the location of the dumping
site and, if possible, get the license plate and/or description of
the car. If you have a camera, take a picture of the scene, any
vehicles, and the sludge/washout in the drain. If you feel
comfortable doing so, inform the contractor that what they are doing
is illegal and that they must stop immediately. Washing out concrete
into anything other than a washout container is illegal on many
counts.

The Oakland PWA will cite and fine offenders. You can also call the
Oakland Police department and ask if there is someone who can respond
more immediately - (510) 777-3333 - non-emergency number.

Regards, Chris