[Fosc] concrete spill

Chris Burmester christopher at formulate.com
Sat Sep 6 10:49:47 PDT 2008

 From what I can find on the City of Oakland web site, illegal dumping 
in Oakland should be reported with a call to the Oakland Public Works 
Agency call center at 510-615-5566. Note the location of the dumping 
site and, if possible, get the license plate and/or description of 
the car. If you have a camera, take a picture of the scene, any 
vehicles, and the sludge/washout in the drain. If you feel 
comfortable doing so, inform the contractor that what they are doing 
is illegal and that they must stop immediately. Washing out concrete 
into anything other than a washout container is illegal on many 

The Oakland PWA will cite and fine offenders. You can also call the 
Oakland Police department and ask if there is someone who can respond 
more immediately - (510) 777-3333 - non-emergency number.

Regards, Chris

At 9:06 AM -0700 9/6/08, Brent wrote:
>There's a contractor up the street from me who are putting in a 
>foundation and washed all their waste concrete down the street and 
>into the storm drain (straight to the creek). There's a good amount 
>of sand & concrete sludge going down the entire road. The address is 
>4157 Lyman. Does anyone have a City number I can call to report?
>Fosc mailing list
>Fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.sausalcreek.org/pipermail/fosc-sausalcreek.org/attachments/20080906/4f233209/attachment-0002.htm>

More information about the Fosc mailing list