[Fosc] Pallid Manzanita

Kathren Murrell Stevenson kathren at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:53:09 PDT 2008

Actually, Chabot is, as we speak, working with the City of Oakland and a
local environmental consultant to address the California Department of Fish
and Game comments to the Habitat Protection Plan, which is the next step in
securing a permit for the populations on the Chabot Campus and in the Sausal
Creek watershed. Our goal is to make sure the permiting process goes
through in time to begin active conservation of this species by next summer
at the latest. Ralph is right in that this is a big priority for FOSC. In
fact, I have been attending monthly meetings to help the City and Chabot
work towards this goal.

There will be a RESTORATION COMMITTEE MEETING on the third wednesday in
October, at the Dimond Branch Library at 7:00 pm. Please come if you are
interested in hearing further updates on how FOSC is helping to facilitate
this process. If you have questions before then, please contact me directly.

Thank you,
Kathren
--
Kathren M. Stevenson