[Fosc] October 13 Board of Director's Meeting

Carl Kohnert cckohnert at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 11 20:36:03 PDT 2010

The Friends of Sausal Creek will hold its monthly Board meeting this Wednesday, October 13, at the Park Street Presbyterian Church in the third floor meeting room. All are welcome to attend. The agenda for the meeting is attached below. The meeting runs from 7-9pm and you are welcome to come for some or all of the meeting.

I want to call to your attention our upcoming events/activities in the watershed. You are welcome to attend/participate in any or all of these programs. One event in particular is our annual native plant sale, scheduled for October 24 from 10-3. We promise you a fun day with music, educational talks and our wonderful native plants which you can purchase for your home gardens or for gifts. We will be dedicating our new shade structure, state of the art irrigation system and a learning area for students and the community.

There are a number of work days also scheduled. This is a fun way to come and help improve the watershed and participate with other community members in helping the Friends of Sausal Creek. We appreciate all of your support. Thank you for your continuing interest in FOSC and our wonderful watershed.

Carl Kohnert
FOSC Board President

Friends of Sausal Creek - Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, October 13, 2010, 7-9 p.m.
Park Blvd. Presbyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd., 3rd Floor, Oakland

7:00  Come to Order

7:05  Watershed Enhancement Plan
Presentation by Guest Kate Tollefson, American Society of Landscape Architects', Emerging Professionals Committee

7:20  Approval of July 2010 Board Minutes

7:25  Committee Reports
	Education Committee
	Fundraising Committee
		Endowment
Nursery Committee
Plant Request Form
	Restoration Committee

8:00  Executive Director’s Report
	Grants Updates
		Alameda Co. Fish & Game Commission
		Dept. of Water Resources, Prop. 84 Urban Streams Restoration Grant
		Alameda Countywide Clean Water Program, Community Stewardship Grant
	Projects and Programs
		Interns
		Kids Web Pages
	Board Member Support
		Plant Sale
			Sign-Up Sheet
			Honorees
		Board of Directors Recruitment
		Annual Appeal:  Letter and Signing on November 10
		November 17 Member Meeting:  refreshments

8:50  Calendar Review
Schedule Board Retreat:  Nov. 14, Nov. 21, or Jan. 9 (all Sundays)

8:55  Outreach Action Items
	Newsletter deadline November 20

Upcoming Events:
Bird Monitoring – Saturday, October 16, 8:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, October 16, 9:00 a.m.– 1:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, October 23, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Plant Sale – Sunday, October 24, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Ribbon Cutting at 3:00 p.m.
OUSD Walkabout – Saturday, October 30, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Beaconsfield Canyon Workday – Saturday, September 30, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Dimond Park Restoration Workday – Saturday, November 6, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, November 6, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Board Annual Appeal Letter Signing – Wednesday, November 10, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Member Meeting – Ann Riley – Wednesday, November 17, 7:00 p.m.