[Fosc] White-throated Sparrow

Mark Rauzon mjrauz at aol.com
Sat Nov 6 19:54:57 PDT 2010

Friends:
I stopped by the demonstration garden to see the aftermath of the catbird event. All the berries are gone and so are the berry eaters.
But the seed eaters are here. The first bird I saw was a sparrow rare in the west.

The White-throated Sparrow has a range similar to the Gray Catbirds; basically east of the Mississippi, but extended north to the Rockies.
Glen Tepke has one wintering in his Oakmore yard annually, but this is the first I've seen in the wild watershed- bird number 115.

More proof of the richness of the habitat we've made over the last 15 years!

Here's a picture of the bird taken in SF, but check out the other bird shots and webpages we're developing for kids.
Click on below- and open to Plants and Animals

http://www.sausalcreek.org/kids/

Also on a personal note:

I'm so glad Jean Quan will be our next mayor!! Yeah Jean!!

Mark Rauzon