[Fosc] Nov. 17 - Ann Riley on Urban Stream Restoration

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Mon Nov 15 10:03:31 PST 2010

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

A reminder that our next member meeting is this coming Wednesday,
November 17, 7:00 p.m. at Dimond Library.

Our speaker will be urban stream restoration expert Ann L. Riley, who
will be presenting on urban stream restoration success stories.  Please
see the details below, including a link to the flyer.  We hope that you
will join us.  Please pass this reminder on to your friends and neighbors.

Thanks,
Kimra

*What:* Environmental education talk - "Is Urban Stream Restoration
Possible?"

***When:* Wednesday, November 17, 7:00 p.m.

*Where:* Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Ave., Oakland, CA

Ann L. Riley, a leader in the urban stream restoration movement in the
East Bay, will present case studies of successful urban stream
restoration projects in places generally considered impossible to
restore. Riley is the watershed and river restoration advisor for the
San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board and executive
director of the Waterways Restoration Institute. She also helped found
the California Watershed Coalition and the Urban Creeks Council of
California. Don't miss this special preview of research from her
upcoming book, /Is Urban Stream Restoration Possible?/

*Flyer:* http://www.sausalcreek.org/pdf/FOSC_Member_Meeting_Flyer.pdf **
*
Hosted by:* Friends of Sausal Creek, www.sausalcreek.org
<http://www.sausalcreek.org>