[Fosc] Evening Grosbeak

Mark Rauzon mjrauz at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 15:37:45 PST 2010

Yesterday at Sequoia Bowl, our new restoration site in Joaquin Miller Park, there was an Evening Grosbeak in the flocks of robins, juncos and thrushes eating madrone berries.
This is our 116 bird for the watershed!! It was first reported on the 12/22 by another birder and yesterday we refound it.  Also last week, there were (2) white-throated sparrows at Dimond Park's Demonstration Garden. Indeed, 2010 has been a great year for the birds of Sausal Creek watershed- and what awaits us in 2011 is anyone's guess. There will be a bird monitoring exercise on Jan 15, 2011.

Merry Solstice time,

Mark Rauzon