[Fosc] End- of -Year -Appeal

Carl Kohnert cckohnert at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 29 12:27:32 PST 2010

Dear Friends,

Every time I hike in the Sausal Creek watershed I am reminded of the wonderful experiences of hearing the creek tumbling over the rocks, the chance sighting of a trout or wildlife and the peaceful quiet that one feels in the midst of a very busy urban area--and I am renewed. This little gem of a watershed is ours to enjoy and to share with each other and with the larger community. Its also ours to protect and restore for future visitors and generations.

I am deeply appreciative for the thousand of volunteer hours that individuals like yourselves, as well as our board members and dedicated staff have invested in the watershed. It is also inspiring to see the hundreds of local students experiencing Sausal Creek and using the watershed as an outdoor environmental laboratory. The grass roots spirit of our local Oakland community makes me proud to be associated with the Friends of Sausal Creek.

I want to thank you for your past support. Your ongoing contributions and efforts make a huge difference in what we accomplish. I invite those of you who haven't had the opportunity to contribute this year to the Friends of Sausal Creek to join us. A vital part of our annual budget comes from individuals just like you. To donate, you can send a check to Friends of Sausal Creek ,P.O. Box 2737, Oakland, CA 94602 or go online to sausalcreek.org and push the donation button on the right side of the home page. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and will continue the good work we all enjoy in the Sausal Creek watershed.  Thank you.

Carl Kohnert,
Board President