[Fosc] -MEMBER MEETING THIS WED.

mjrauz at aol.com mjrauz at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 11:35:56 PST 2010

FRIENDS OF SAUSAL CREEK MEMBERSHIP MEETING
DIMOND LIBRARY
WED. JAN. 20, 7-9 PM

We will focus on restoration, where we've been and where we are going. Please plan on attending, especially if you are a adopt-a-spotter. Could be a wet night!!

AGENDA TOPICS

7:00 – Introductions
7:10  - History of Restoration-
- Philosophy of Six Habitat Restoration Sites: Original model. Oak woodland, Chaparral, Redwoods, Coastal Scrub,        Grassland, Riparian, Triage or Funding Opportunities (DD funds)
7:30  - Adopt a spot, Satelite Sites with built-in neighbor adoption: new model
7:45  - Future crew leader needs, training, FOSC staff management, nursery tie-in, etc.
8:00 - Restoration Troubleshooting Sites- document "best techniques" for most common and most challenging invasives in the  watershed, ground cover vs. canopy
8:15 - Site monitoring - establish a monitoring protocol (begin with Dimond), setting up plot markers, setting dates/seasons to     monitor, decide how to use/save data for our benefit
8:30 - Pallid Manzanita Plan
9:00 -  Adjourn

Thanks,
Mark Rauzon