[Fosc] Crew Leaders Needed — Urgently! — This Saturday, 9-12

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Mon Jan 25 09:00:38 PST 2010

The Disney “Give A Day, Get a Day” program, through which volunteers get
a free day at Disneyland, has brought us an embarrassment of riches. We
have about 25 people scheduled for our workday in Beaconsfield Canyon
this Saturday, Jan. 30, 9am-12pm, and need a couple additional crew
leaders to handle the crowd. We’ll be pulling hemlock, Himalayan
blackberry, vinca, and other invasives. If you can recognize these
plants and some typical natives, like poison oak and stinging nettle, we
could really use your help. If you haven’t been to Beaconsfield, it’s a
beautiful spot--you’ll be glad you came. If you’re available, please
contact Richard Kauffman by Monday morning if possible at 531-1237 or
richard at rkcommunications.com.

Beaconsfield Canyon is located in Montclair between Ascot and Chelton
drives. Closest address is 2639 Beaconsfield Place. From Montclair
Village, take Mountain Blvd. south, bear left as it becomes Ascot Drive.
Turn left at the fork onto Chelton and right at the first major
intersection, Beaconsfield Place.