[Fosc] Friends of Joaquin Miller Park Annual Meeting on Sun., April 25

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Wed Apr 21 19:45:41 PDT 2010

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Thank you to everyone who volunteered for Earth Day last Saturday!  We
had 188 volunteers in Dimond Park and Canyon.  I look forward to hearing
details about the accomplishments at the other Sausal Creek work sites.
Please share your experiences with the listserv or email me tidbits for
the June/July newsletter.

I wanted to remind FOSCers that the Friends of Joaquin Miller Park is
holding its first annual meeting this coming Sunday, April 25, starting
at 10:00 a.m. in the Meadow area at Upper Sanborn Dr.  If you are an
avid Joaquin Miller Park user and are interested in vying for an
at-large seat on the new board of directors, come prepared to make a one
minute presentation on your qualifications and interest.  In addition to
at-large seats, 13 park interest groups and surrounding neighborhood
associations can be represented on the board of directors, including
FOSC.  Karen Paulsell has been representing FOSC over the past several
years on this working group, and she and I would love more FOSC member
involvement in this partner organization as we work together on
restoration projects in the Sausal Creek watershed.

For more details on the events planned following the one hour meeting,
see http://www.oaklandnet.com/JoaquinMillerPark/.

e-mail:  coordinator at sausalcreek.org
web:  www.sausalcreek.org