[Fosc] Historical Nesting

Karen Paulsell kpaulsell at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 28 11:22:30 PDT 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if peregrines had been using the Fruitvale
Bridge since back in FOSC's oyster-monitoring days. We'd find skulls
of various birds at the base of the towers.  We didn't notice any
nesting (we were largely focused on counting native oysters, so we
were looking at our fingers, not the sky), but some large raptor with
a taste for birds had definitely been having many meals at the site.)

And the now-defunct PG&E falcons group had some emails about falcons
on the Fruitvale Bridge, circa 2007-2008, see: